Chilli Chicken & Chorizo One Pot Recipe
Posted by Phil Hills | 17/01/2013 | Category: Retail Food
Let me introduce you to our guest blogger, Gingey Bites, a local food blogger who has kindly shared one of her recipes from her repertoire:
One pot cooking is perfect for this cold weather. When the nights are long and dark and the weather is far too cold, all you want to do is snuggle on the sofa with something yummy and not too hard to make.
This recipe is all the C’s – Chilli, Chicken and Chorizo – three ingredients which perfectly complement each other. I absolutely love casseroles and stews and this particular recipe is a favourite in our house.
All of these ingredients are readily available from your local store and not too expensive. You can even make this the night before and just reheat when you want to eat it. I tend to make it in my cast iron casserole dish but you could use a large heavy bottom frying pan too.
Ingredients (serves 2)
• 4 or 5 skinless & boneless chicken thighs
• 1/4 chorizo ring or sausage, cut into in 1cm slices
• 1 large onion diced
• 1 green or red pepper diced (or I use half and half for colour)
• 1 tin tomatoes
• 1/2 can of water (use can from tomatoes)
• 1 can kidney beans
• 1 chicken or veg stock cube
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
• 1 fresh chilli (optional according to taste)
• Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
• Fry the onions (and fresh chilli if using) in the oil for 5 minutes until they start to colour.
• Add the chorizo and fry for a few minutes more.
• Stir in the diced pepper and the tin of tomatoes, followed by 1/2 a can of water, the stock cube, chilli and oregano
• Arrange the chicken thighs on top of the sauce, pushing them under the liquid. Bring to a simmer, cover, then cook in the oven for 40 minutes.
• Add the beans, stir, then cook in the oven for 20 minutes more.
• Serve with rice or garlic bread.
Let us know if you've tried this recipe in the comments section below! For more great recipes visit Gingey Bites' blog.