Fairtrade Orange Cheesecake
Posted by Nathan Lloyd | 01/03/2014 | Category: Fairtrade
Our Fairtrade Fortnight (24th Feb – 9th March) celebrations continue with this delicious recipe for a Orange Cheesecake.
This recipe works brilliantly as a desert or as a treat with a cup of Fairtrade 99 tea.
• Preparation Time: Around 10 mins
• Cooking Time: 40 mins
• Serves: 4
Ingredients – For the cheesecake
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 600g Healthier Choice 4% fat soft cheese
- 110g The Co-operative Fairtrade golden caster sugar
- 3 The Co-operative free-range eggs, beaten
- Zest of 1 The Co-operative Fairtrade orange and 60ml of its juice
- 150ml half-fat crème fraîche
- 1 dessertspoon of shredless orange marmalade (optional)
Ingredients – For the topping
- 3 oranges, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp The Co-operative Fairtrade golden caster sugar, plus a further tsp juice of 1 orange
Preheat oven to gas mark 3/160°C/ fan oven 140°C. Crush biscuits by hand or in a food processor and add melted butter.
Mix, then press into a 23cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
Bake for 5–8 minutes, then allow to cool.In a mixer, beat soft cheese and sugar; slowly beat in eggs, zest and juice, crème fraîche and marmalade if using.
Mix well, and pour over biscuit base.
Cook for 40–50 minutes, or until set but slightly wobbly in the middle. Cool.
Remove from tin and chill in fridge for a few hours or overnight.
To serve, dip slices of oranges in sugar and then place in a hot frying pan.
Turn heat down, and cook gently until golden and caramelised.
Gently caramelise rest of sugar, add orange juice, and simmer for 1–2 minutes, stirring. Cool.
Arrange the fruit on the cheesecake and drizzle sauce over.