In response to the current crisis, we have made some changes to our Community Dividend Fund to provide immediate financial support for local good causes, community groups and charities who are responding to some of the most worrying impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Many charities and organisations are suffering financial hardship due to the pandemic - incomes have fallen, demand has risen.
In particular, we know that providing the basics including food has become a challenge for many people. Isolation and lack of access to normal services means that mental health and wellbeing is a growing concern.
We particularly welcome applications from organisations that are meeting needs in these areas.
- The applicant must be a full member of Central England Co-operative*
- Beneficiaries must be communities in which Central England Co-operative trades
- Applicants must be able to clearly explain the benefit to the community in response to the Coronavirus
- Grants available range from £100 to £5,000. The average grant is £2,000
- The project must be consistent with Co-operative Values and Principles**
- Applications to pay for or part fund vehicles, fund large scale projects *** or for the benefit of one individual will not be considered
- Local good causes, community groups, charities and social enterprises, including Community Interest Companies (CIC), are eligible to apply
*Criteria includes being a member for a minimum of six months.
**Our values can be found at https://www.ica.coop/en/cooperatives/cooperative-identity
***We will consider funding a defined part of a larger project, such as the refurbishment of premises, if the project will be completed within the Society’s financial year and there is distinct clarity on what part of the project the Society would be funding