Is your project eligible for funding?
As a co-operative, supporting our communities is a key element of our ethos and an essential part of this is our Community Dividend Fund.
The fund allows us to make a difference, by developing and improving the communities which we serve by donating grants ranging from £100 to £5,000.
It is an ideal way for the Society to use 1% of its trading surplus to give back to the communities it serves by providing vital support to local good causes, charities and organisations.
Now, more than ever, our Community Dividend Fund will allow us to make a difference. This is why we have made some changes to make sure we can provide immeadiate financial support to groups and good causes who are responding to some of the most worrying impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Before you start filling in your application, there is some essential criteria to check, to ensure your project is eligible for consideration:
- The applicant must be a full member of Central England Co-operative*
- Beneficiaries must be communities in which Central England Co-operative trades
- Applicants must be able to clearly explain the benefit to the community in response to the Coronavirus
- Grants available range from £100 to £5,000. The average grant is £2,000
- The project must be consistent with Co-operative Values and Principles**
- Applications to pay for or part fund vehicles, fund large scale projects *** or for the benefit of one individual will not be considered
- Local good causes, community groups, charities and social enterprises, including Community Interest Companies (CIC), are eligible to apply
*Criteria includes being a member for a minimum of six months.
**Our values can be found at https://www.ica.coop/en/cooperatives/cooperative-identity
***We will consider funding a defined part of a larger project, such as the refurbishment of premises, if the project will be completed within the Society’s financial year and there is distinct clarity on what part of the project the Society would be funding
Before you begin filling in the application form, please be aware we will require the following information:
- Your details
- Organisation details and what it does
- Organisation type
- The amount of funding you are applying for and what it will be spent on
- How your organisation has been impacted by COVID-19 and how this grant will support your response to the pandemic
- Your organisation will need a bank account
To help you tackle the application form, you can now save the form at any time and return to it at a later date.
If you have any questions about an application please contact us prior to applying and we'll be happy to help.