Carrot & Coriander Soup
A hearty soup and lovely lunch.
Making ‘healthier choices’ is often a lot harder than it sounds. Where to start? What is a balanced diet? Or an active lifestyle? Sometimes it’s easier to lose focus, than lead a healthy lifestyle. We understand.
So let’s give it a go, with small steps that could make a huge difference. Here’s a few simple ways to get started…
Since our first co-operative store opened in 1863, we’ve championed the idea cooking from scratch. Showcasing every day, fresh ingredients to help you concoct the perfect home-cooked dish. Some of the reasons why home-cooking could lead to a healthier lifestyle are:
We’re often asked why we promote eating 5 portions of fruit and veg a day? That’s because almost all fruits and vegetables can count towards the goal - and we just love the vibrancy, tastes and health benefits of this wonderful family of foods! Here’s what the experts say…
1. Fruit and vegetables are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including folate, vitamin C and potassium.
2. They're an excellent source of dietary fibre, which can help to maintain a healthy gut and prevent constipation and other digestion problems. A diet high in fibre can also reduce your risk of bowel cancer.
3. They can help to reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke and some types of cancer.
4. Fruit and vegetables contribute to a healthy, balanced diet.
5. Fruit and vegetables taste delicious and there's so much variety to choose from.
Source: nhs.uk, 8 October 2018
Trying to avoiding those mid-morning munchies or sweet cravings can often leave you wanting more. Check out our Healthy Snacking page for some guilt-free treats to satisfy your appetite, without piling on the pounds.