- 225g Co-operative self -raising flour
- 100g Co-operative Fairtrade caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 125g unsalted butter
- 75g sultanas
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g Co-operative seedless raisins
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Line a baking tray with baking/parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl, and rub in the butter, which should be cut into cubes.
- When the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, add the dried fruit.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and milk with the vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir together until the whole thing is a thick, rough dough.
- Place dollops of the mixture (about a tbsp.) on the baking tray, and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden.
- When cool, scatter with caster sugar and serve.