Easy Loaf Of Bread
Cooking Time: NA
Who said baking bread was difficult? This recipe provides an easy way to bake your own, fresh and delicious bread. Versatile method, which allows you to alter the type of flour to your preference.
- 500g strong white bread flour (could swap for wholemeal if you prefer)
- 7g yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 300ml warm water
- Empty the flour, yeast and salt into a bowl and mix together. In a separate container, stir together the water and honey, and add to the flour mixture. Mix together until a soft dough is formed.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Oil a loaf tin, and transfer the dough into it. Cover with cling film, and leave to prove in a warm area for an hour, or until doubled in size.
- Whilst the dough is proving, heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until firm and golden with a crisp surface. If you tap the bottom it should sound hollow.
- Leave to cool, and slice for serving.