- 175g muscovado sugar
- 3 eggs
- 170ml sunflower oil
- 4 grated carrots
- 100g Co-operative raisins
- zest of 1 orange, grated
- 175g Co-operative self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Betty Crocker cream cheese style icing
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Grease a 20cm square cake tin, and line with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sugar, oil and eggs. Mix and combine, and then add the carrots, raisins and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon, and sift into the sugar mixture. Whisk everything together, until soft and creamy.
- Pour the cake mix into the tin and bake for 45 minutes, or until firm and golden.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack.
- When cool cover the surface with Betty Crocker cream cheese icing, chill for an hour and serve.