- 500g bramley apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 125g ground almonds
- 75g brown sugar
- 125g soft butter
- 120g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F/gas 4
- Place apples in a pan with brown sugar and 3 tbsp of water, simmer until tender and then arrange them in the base of an oven proof dish.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar until fluffy, and then beat in the eggs until the mixture is smooth.
- Fold in the ground almonds to the mix, and spread evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 1 hour, until golden on top.
- Serve on its own, with custard or with cream.