- 2 conference pears, peeled, cored and cut into eighths
- 150g Co-operative Fairtrade sugar
- 75g Co-operative plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 300ml whole milk
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter 2 tbsp sugar
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Grease a deep baking tray with 1 tbsp butter. Arrange the pears in the tray.
- Combine three quarters of the sugar with the flour, eggs, whole milk, vanilla, and the rest of the butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the pears, and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and springy to touch.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar, and put back in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the sugar caramelises.
- Serve warm, with cream or ice cream.