- 1 medium courgette (about 200g), peeled
- 150g unsalted butter
- 150g light soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 free range eggs
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milkFor the icing:
- 150g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp milkTo decorate:
- seasonal fruit eg. raspberries, strawberries, blueberries (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180°C/ fan 160°C/ Gas 4.
Finely grate the courgette. In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla and cocoa until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs with a little of the flour, beating well each time.
Add the baking powder to the rest of the flour, then add to the butter mix along with the courgette and milk. Mix everything together. Divide between 18-20 paper cases and bake for 15-20 mins until cooked through.
- Mix the icing sugar, cocoa and milk to a smooth paste and spoon a little over each cooled cake. Top with berries.