- 150g (5.5oz) The Co-operative Fairtrade dark chocolate
- 150ml (5floz) double cream
- 25g (1oz) unsalted butter
- 15ml (1tbsp) brandy (optional)
- 150g (5.5oz) melted Fairtrade milk chocolate
- Break 150g (5.5oz) dark chocolate into squares and place in a food processor. Process until granular.
- Place 150ml (5floz) double cream, 25g (1oz) unsalted butter and 15ml (1tbsp) brandy(optional) in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Turn the food processor on and add the hot cream mixture in a steady stream to the chocolate mixture through the feeder tube until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover with cling film and chill for several hours.
- Spoon into walnut-sized pieces and roll in your hands to form balls. Do not over-handle as the heat will melt the truffles.
- Place on a wire rack over a baking sheet and carefully spoon 150g (5.5oz) melted milk chocolate over the balls. Chill in the fridge until needed.
Note: This recipe has one or more red traffic lights. It’s fine to eat occasionally or as a treat.