- 600ml (1pt) water
- 2tbsp finely chopped root ginger
- 3 Star anise
- 6 Cardamon pod
- 6 cloves
- 1 Large cinnamon stick, broken into 3 pieces
- Pinch dried chillies
- 2 tbsp The Co-operative Fairtrade honey
- 2 The Co-operative 99 Fairtrade Tea teabags
- 300ml (10fl oz) The Co-operative semi-skimmed milk
- Place the water into a saucepan, add the ginger, star anise, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and chillies and bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the honey and teabags and simmer gently for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the milk into the pan and heat gently until the milk is warm.
- Strain the chai into four warm mugs or cups.
Hints and Tips
The Chai can also be chilled and served cold in glasses.