Asparagus and Prosciutto Frittata
Serves: 6 - 8
Cooking Time: NA
From the Lily family. Has feather foliage and used as a Spring vegetable with its edible young stem shoots. Mild flavour, very green in colour, only a short window for picking in the Spring time.
- 14 slices of prosciutto ham
- olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 125g asparagus tips
- 6 eggs
- 100ml milk
- 85g Parmesan
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease a tart or cake tin (completely liquid tight)
- Line the base of the tin with the prosciutto until the bottom is completely covered. Overlap and layer the slices to form a gap free base.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, and cook the onion until soft. Leave to cool.
- Beat the eggs, milk and half a of the Parmesan together and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Spread the cooled onions over the prosciutto base to form a second layer, and then pour the egg mixture over that.
- Top the frittata with the asparagus, and the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the frittata has risen and is golden on top.