- 3-4 asparagus spears (about 60g), trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- 5g unsalted butter
- Large handful (about 15g) Gruyère or Emmenthal cheese, grated
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan until hot, brush the asparagus with half the oil and cook for a few minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat together. Add the water. Melt the butter and remaining oil in a small omelette pan, turn up the heat and when the butter starts to foam, pour in the beaten eggs.
- Quickly tilt the pan so that the egg mixture covers the base of the pan. Use a wooden spoon to move the egg set from the sides of the pan to the middle of the pan and do this a few times to make sure that the egg cooks evenly. This will only take a minute or two.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and then put the asparagus spears on one half. Flip the other side of the omelette over the asparagus and slide onto a plate to serve.