Balsamic Roasted Sausages with Red Onion and Peppers
Cooking Time: NA
100% British pork. Sausages made from the same British outdoor bred meat as the higher welfare pork. They have a robust, meaty flavour, with subtle seasonings.
- 8 sausages
- 4 red onions, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 4 red peppers, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Place the onions and peppers into a roasting tin and drizzle with olive oil. Add the balsamic vinegar and season well.
- Put in the oven, and roast for 10 minutes.
- When the vegetables have started to soften and caramelize, add the sausages, tomatoes and herbs to the same pan and mix around.
- Drizzle the honey over the whole dish, and cook for 30 minutes. The sausages will need to be turned half way through to cook evenly.
- The dish is ready when everything is sticky and golden.
- Serve with mashed potato.