- 2 medium aubergines, cut in half lengthways and thinly sliced
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 red pepper, cut into 8
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 8
- 1 bunch of spring onions, cut in half
- 1 packet of feta cheese
- 10 mint leaves
- 2tbsp olive oilFor the pesto:
- 1 packet of watercress, large stalks removed
- 25g pistachio nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 25g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2tbsp olive oil
You can either cook the vegetables on a griddle pan or a barbecue.
- Pre heat a griddle pan over a medium heat. Place the aubergines onto a large tray and
- brush both sides with some of the olive oil.
- Cook on the griddle until nicely charred on both sides and remove to a large serving platter. This will take a little time, as you don’t want to overcrowd the griddle.
- If you are using a barbecue you can
- cook all in one batch. Repeat with the courgettes, the peppers and finally the spring onions. Keep the vegetables warm on the platter by popping some tin foil over.
- When all the vegetables are cooked you can make the pesto by simply placing all the ingredients into a food processor and whizzing until smooth.
- To finish the salad, crumble over the feta cheese, chop the mint and sprinkle over and finally dot some of the pesto on and around the salad and serve with some warm ciabatta bread.