- ½tbsp olive oil
- 3 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 5 slices The Co-operative Irresistible seeded batch loaf
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 115g Wyke Farms Vintage Cheddar, grated
- 4 free range eggs
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4.
- Heat the oil and fry the bacon for 4-5 minutes. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Remove the crusts from the slices of bread. Cut each slice in half diagonally and place 5 halves in the bottom of a shallow overnproof dish. Sprinkle over half the bacon and onion mixture, half the tomatoes and half the cheese.
- Top with the remaining slices of bread and repeat with the bacon, onion, tomato and cheese.
- Beat together the eggs and milk and season with freshly ground black pepper. Pour over the bread and cheese mixture and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden.