- 4 large/5 smaller eddoes, peeled
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 4 cloves of garlicchopped
- thumb sized piece of gingerchopped finely
- 3 chillis, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tin coconut milk
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Let the eddoes simmer in the water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool, and then slice into thick chunks ready for the curry.
- For the curry, heat oil in a large pan and gently sweat the onions until soft.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Wait for the sauce to thicken. Add the already cooked eddoes and stir together, allowing the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and chapattis.