- For the sauce4 tbsp Cornflour
- 250ml Dark soy sauce
- 2tbsp Cold strong The Co-operative Fairtrade 99 tea
- 2tbsp The Co-operative Fairtrade honey
- 1 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp Grated ginger
- Red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and black pepperFor the stir-fry1tbsp Sesame oil
- 450g The Co-operative British beef frying strips, cut into strips
- 1 The Co-operative onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 The Co-operative trimmed salad onions, sliced
- 4 The Co-operative large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 150g (5 oz) Baby corn, sliced into three pieces each
- 150g (5 oz) The Co-operative Fairtrade Bean sprouts
- 400g (14oz) The Co-operative free range egg noodles, cooked and drained
- To make the sauce mix together the cornflour and soy sauce in a small jug then add the remaining sauce ingredients, season with salt and black pepper and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or non-stick frying pan and add the beef and stir-fry for 5 minutes until the meat is browned.
- Add the onions, peppers, spring onions, carrots and baby corn then stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and heat gently for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the beansprouts and cooked noodles and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the noodles are heated through.
Hints and Tips
As an alternative idea leave out the noodles and serve with some cooked long grain rice or serve in a warm wrap.