Griddled Sirloin Steak with South American Chimichurri Sauce
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
British beef sirloin steak. A more expensive cut from the middle back, well marbled with fat, making it a tender and juicy cut, perfect served medium-rare.
- Handful parsley
- chopped finely
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- peeled and chopped, 1 onionfinely chopped
- half a tsp chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 sirloin steaks
- For the sauce, blitz the parsley, oregano, garlic, onion and chilli in a food processor. Add 2 tbsp of oil, the lemon juice, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Whizz the mixture up again.
- For the steaks, coat in oil, and season with salt and pepper. Heat a griddle pan on a high heat, and cook the steak for around 3 minutes each side, (medium), or to your liking.
- Rest for 2 minutes, with a tablespoon of sauce spread on top.
- Serve with more sauce spooned on top of the steak.