One Pan Spiced Pineapple Pork
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Large tropical fruit, which has sweet, aromatic and edible flesh. Outer skin is tough and segmented. Sword shaped leaves form at the top of the fruit on a thick stem. Brown outer skin, with bright yellow inner flesh.
- 4 pork steaks
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- half a a pineapple cut into rings
- 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce vegetable oil for frying
- Mix the sugar, soy, and tomato puree and a tbsp of water into a bowl and set aside. Heat the oil on a medium heat. Season the steaks, and fry on each side until golden in colour.
- Add the pineapple to the pan and let it caramelize. Sprinkle over the chilli and five spice, followed by the soy sauce mix. Let it all reduce down.
- Cook for a further two minutes until the sauce becomes sticky.
- Serve with rice and veg.