Picnic Spinach and Cottage Cheese Frittata Bites
Serves: 6 - 8
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Cheese curd product, has a creamy yet lumpy texture and a mild flavour. Lower in fat, and higher in protein than other cheeses on the market. Versatile and can be used in replacement of soft cheeses.
- 150g spinach
- 6 eggs
- 200g cottage cheese
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 5 sprigs of dill, roughly chopped,
- butter (for greasing),
- salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C/Gas 4.
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tin, or use 2 6 hole muffin tins with the butter. Then place baking parchment in each of the greased holes so the frittata will come out easily.
- To wilt the spinach, empty the leaves into a colander and pour a kettle of boiling water over them. Squeeze the liquid out of the spinach, and roll into a ball. Roughly chop.
- Beat the eggs, and add a large pinch of salt and pepper. Then add in the spinach, cottage cheese, spring onions, dill and a large grating of nutmeg.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tins, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until set and golden on top.