Steak Infused Brie
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Known as the 'Queen of Cheeses'. Off white colour, with an edible natural rind, It is a creamy, soft set cheese, with a mild flavour when young, developing to a bold flavour when very ripe.
- 4 rump steaks 200g
- Brie, sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- olive oil
- For the red pepper sauce:
- 2 red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- half a can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Make a pocket in the side of the steak with a sharp knife. Season inside the incision with salt and pepper and stuff with Brie slices. To secure the steak shut, pierce the meat with the rosemary sprigs to lock it in place.
- In an oven proof frying pan, heat olive oil on a medium heat. Fry the steaks for 2 minutes on each side, and then put in the oven for a further 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a pan. Fry the onions and peppers together with a pinch of salt until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, and vinegar and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of the pepper sauce.