- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 2 The Co-operative Irresistible sweet pointed red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 5 vine-ripened tomatoes, skinned (see tip, bottom left) and chopped
- 2 tsp paprika (preferably smoked)
- 300g paella rice
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock (made with 1 stock cube) with a pinch of saffron added
- 150g green beans, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 100g frozen peas
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a paella pan or large frying pan. Add the onions and garlic, and cook, stirring regularly, for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add the red and yellow peppers and cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the paprika and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the tomatoes and rice and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in 800ml of the stock and cook over a gentle-medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the remaining stock and the green beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the peas and cook for a final 5-10 minutes or until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve straight away with lemon wedges.