Herby Watermelon Salad with Grilled Halloumi
Cooking Time: NA
A melon like fruit of the gourd family. It has multi tonal smooth green skin, and a red edible flesh with black seeds. The fruit is watery, and full of mild tasting juice.
- Small watermelon
- 1 large handful each of parsley, mint, & coriander,roughly torn
- pack of Halloumi cheese cut into 8-10 slices
- a handful of black olives
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Skin the melon, and take out the seeds. Cut into 8 triangles. Add to a bowl along with all the herbs and olives.
- Heat a griddle pan, and place the cheese onto it. Grill for around a minute each side until the cheese has a charred effect. Meanwhile, mix the olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl with salt and pepper. Pour over the melon and herbs, and mix well.
- Add the Halloumi to the top and serve.