- 1 x tin Co-op wild Pacific pink salmon
- Handful fresh parsley
- Handful fresh chives
- 2 x salad onions (scallions)
- 200g cream cheese
- ½ lemon (for juice)
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 10 x slices Co-op white bread
- 70g Co-op sunflower spread
1. Drain the salmon and add to a mixing bowl, making sure to remove any bones.
2. Wash and finely chop the parsley, chives and salad onions and add to the mixing bowl.
3. Spoon in the cream cheese and squeeze the lemon into the mixing bowl
4. Mix ingredients together, seasoning lightly with salt and pepper and set mixture aside
5. Spread the sunflower spread evenly over one side of each slice of bread
6. Using a circular pastry cutter (or a sharp knife for the more skilful among us!), cut circles out of the middle of each slice of bread.
7. Place each circular bread portion (butter side up) into a separate cup of a cake tin, pressing down gently on each
8. Spoon the salmon mixture evenly into each of the bread circles
9. Cook the canapés in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc for 20 minutes.
10. Serve and enjoy!