Travel Shops - Privacy Notice
Personal data we collect
We collect the personal data needed to provide you, and any companions on your bookings, with travel bookings, travel insurance, foreign currency exchange services, prepaid currency cards and money transfers:
- Your full name, contact details, date of birth, passport information, driving licence details and contact details including your postal address, telephone number and email address and the same for travel companions on the same booking
- Information relating to travel such as dates, destinations, flights, cruises, transfers, board and lodging, activities, trips, car rental and any arrangements you ask us to make especially or you
- Your membership number and details of any membership cards if you present them
- Information relating to travel insurance including the dates and extent of cover, medical conditions and disabilities
- Information relating to foreign currency exchange services and money transfers such as amounts, currencies, cash passport card numbers documentary evidence of identity and other personal details for identity verification
- Orders, charges and payments on your client account
- Payment card information, when you make a payment by credit or debit card
- Personal data contained in any communications you may enter into with us
- Your communication and marketing preferences
- Footage and/or images of you, which may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our premises
- Any other personal data you give us
How we use your personal data
- To handle enquiries and orders, to liaise with you, to process payments and refunds and to pass information to our partners who will fulfil your orders for travel bookings, travel insurance, money transfers and prepaid currency cards on the basis of contractual obligation
- To handle enquiries and orders, to liaise with you, to process payments and refunds and to fulfil your orders for foreign currency exchange services on the basis of contractual obligation
- If you are a member and present your membership card, we collect information and use it as set out in the membership section of our privacy notice
- To make arrangements to accommodate individuals with a disability on the grounds of a legal obligation
- To send you information about offers, promotions, products, services and events which we think will be of interest to you. When you have enquired about or made travel bookings with us we will do this on the basis of our legitimate interest in developing our business – you may opt out by telling our agent or at any time by contacting us or unsubscribing from our mailing list, otherwise we will do this only when you consent
- To deal with communications including enquiries, complaints and compliments on the grounds of our legitimate interest in managing our relationship with you
- We use non-identifiable information about our services for statistical analysis and business planning, for instance to identify trends, to plan to meet future demand, to improve our products and services and to develop new ones. We do this on the grounds of a legitimate interest in continually improving our service to customers
- We use CCTV monitoring to protect our customers and colleagues and to safeguard our property and assets. We do this in the legitimate interests of the Society, customers and colleagues. We also do this in the public interest, to prevent and detect crime and accidents
Who we share your personal data with
When we collect your personal data to arrange travel bookings, travel insurance, money transfers and prepaid currency cards we do so on behalf of our partners as their agent and data processor. We are therefore obliged to share your personal data with them in their capacity as a data controller. Our partners are:
- Travel bookings: Freedom Travel Group
- Travel insurance: Holiday Extras
- Money transfers: Western Union
- Prepaid currency cards: MasterCard
To see how our partners will use your personal data you should look at their privacy notices. In particular, given the nature of the services being provided, it is likely that your personal data may be transferred outside the European Union to countries whose data protection laws are not equivalent to those within the European Union.
Your personal data may be processed by organisations acting on our behalf. They may only use this data for the purpose we agree with them, unless they are required by law to process your personal data for other purposes. For instance, we may use a mailing service provider to send you offers, vouchers and information about products, services and events.
When you pay by credit or debit card we pass your card and payment details securely to our card payment service provider. We do not keep your card details.
We may share your personal data, where necessary, with our auditors, legal advisors and other professional advisors acting in their professional capacity.
We may share your personal data, where necessary, with our statutory or professional regulators, either to evidence our compliance with legal or professional obligations, or to assist them in any investigations arising from any complaints made about us.
We may be required to share your personal data to comply with laws or with legal obligations, such as in response to a valid court order or to e.g. HMRC, or where we consider that there is a legitimate interest to do so, such as reporting details of a suspected criminal incident to the Police.
How long we keep your personal data
We will keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary for our purposes described in this notice, including where it is needed to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes or to enforce agreements. This means we may keep your personal data for up to seven years after you visit our travel shop.
Where we collect your personal data on behalf of our business partners, as their data processor, your personal data will be kept as set out in their privacy notices.
We do not keep credit or debit card details.
CCTV footage and/or images are normally kept for 31 days. Images and/or footage of incidents that require investigation will normally be kept for up to 7 years from the conclusion of any investigation and/or any subsequent legal proceedings, unless we are legally required to retain this footage or images for longer.