- 225g unsalted butter
- 225g Co-operative Fairtrade caster sugar
- 50 ml of instant coffee
- 4 free range eggs
- 225g Co-operative self-raising flour
- 100g of walnuts (75g for the mixture, 15g for decoration)
- Betty Crocker cream cheese icing
- Pre heat the oven to 180C/160F/gas 4.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Make the instant coffee using 4 teaspoons of coffee to 50ml of water. Add the coffee mix to the butter and sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Now, add in the eggs one by one, and whisk until creamy with no lumps.
- Sift in the flour, and fold through the rest of the mix.
- Sprinkle in the 75g of walnuts, and combine with the rest of the mix. Grease a large cake tin, and pour in the mix. Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes until golden on top, and a skewer can be inserted into the centre coming out clean.
- Allow to cool, and spread the icing over the whole cake. Place the remaining walnuts on top, and serve.