Promotional terms and conditions
Easter Competition Terms and Conditions
(Central England Co-operative Limited)
Win a £1000 voucher for food or travel, or an iPhone
Central England Co-operative Easter competition
- Central England Co-operative Limited (the “Promoter”) is offering subscribers a chance to be one of ten winners by entering into this prize draw competition (the “Competition”). The subscribers are restricted to the entrants of the Promoter’s instore “Christmas Because of You” competition that ran from 5 - 24 December 2018).
- Winning entrants will be entitled to any one of either: (1) £1000 of food vouchers to spend at a Participating Store which can be found here: https://www.centralengland.coop/stores/; or (2) £1000 of travel vouchers to spend at one of the Promoter’s travel stores, which can be found at https://www.centralengland.coop/stores/ or (3) an Apple iPhone XS 64GB in Space Grey (the “Prizes”). Entrants must select their chosen Prize at the time of entry into the Competition.
- The Competition is open to all subscribers aged 16 or over at the time of entry. Employees of the Promoter and other persons connected with the administration of the Competition are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must:
- make a purchase at a Participating Store between 07:00 on 8 April 2019 and 23:59 on 18 April 2019 (the “Purchase Period”) and note the unique competition code displayed on the receipt for that purchase; and
- subject to clause 6, between 07:00 on 9 April 2019 and 23:59 on 18 April 2019 (the “Entry Period”) visit the Competition webpage at www.prize.coop and:
- provide the personal contact information requested;
- enter the unique competition code displayed on the receipt into the designated box on the Competition webpage; and
- select the Competition Prize that the participant would like to receive should they be selected as a winner of the Competition.
- Unique competition codes will be displayed on all receipts for purchases made at a Participating Store during the Purchase Period.
- Subscribers who have previously opted in to be permitted early access for the Easter Giveaway will be able to submit entries into the Competition from 07:00 on 8 April 2019. No draw will take place on 8 or 9 April 2019. The first draw will take place on 10 April 2019 and the last draw will take place on 19 April 2019.
- “Participating Store” means any of the Promoter’s food stores or fuelling stations, a list of which can be found at: https://www.centralengland.coop/stores/
- Each unique competition code is valid for one entry into the Competition and cannot be re-used. Participants can make unlimited entries into the Competition, although a new unique competition code is required for each entry.
- There will be one prize draw, on each day of the Entry Period at 11:00, and one further draw on 19 April 2019 at 11:00 with a total of 10 prize draws overall, where a winning entrant will be selected at random from all entries into the Competition submitted prior to that draw. Subject to express restrictions in these terms and conditions, all entries will be entered into the same Competition and prize draws, regardless of the Prize selected.
- In order for entries to be included in any given Competition prize draw, entries must have been received by the Promoter between 00:00 and 23:59 on the day immediately preceding the day of that draw (although the prize draw on 10 April 2019 shall also include entries submitted on 8 April 2019 in accordance with clause 6). For example, an entry that is received at 00:30 on 10 April 2019 will be included in the prize draw at 11:00 on 11 April 2019, and an entry that is received at 10:30 on 14 April 2019 will be included in the prize draw at 11:00 on 15 April 2019.
- All entries received between 00:00 and 23:59 on any day of the Entry Period will only be submitted for the prize draw on the following day (and entries submitted on 8 April 2019 in accordance with clause 6 will only be submitted for the prize draw on 10 April 2019) and will not be re-entered into the other remaining prize draws of the Competition. Participants can, however, re-enter the Competition multiple times throughout the Entry Period by repeating the steps set out in clause 4.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any other product or cash alternative in whole or in part and is subject to the terms and conditions stated on, or provided with, any relevant Prize.
- Entrants will be required to make at least one purchase in order to participate in the Competition. Entrants will also need an internet connection and a valid email address. No refund may be claimed for expenses incurred in participating in the Competition, including in relation to the use of the internet.
- The Promoter will notify each winning entrant individually via the email address that is connected in the Promoter’s records with that entrant. Each winning entrant will, within thirty (30) days of the entrant being notified of their winning entry, be sent the Prize that they selected as their preferred Prize when submitting their winning entry to the Competition. To the extent applicable, a Prize will be valid until the time stated on it and cannot be extended for any reason.
- An entrant cannot amend their Prize selection in respect of an entry into the Competition after that entry has been submitted, although a different prize can be selected in respect of each entry by an entrant into the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries that it believes to be fraudulent or non-compliant with the eligibility criteria in these terms and conditions. The Promoter further reserves the right to exclude any entrant who the Promoter believes has contravened any of these terms and conditions and if applicable to select an alternative winner at random, at its own discretion.
- By participating in the Competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Competition terms and conditions.
- The decisions of the Promoter in respect of the Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into in this respect.
- If for any reason any aspect of the Competition is not capable of running as planned then the Promoter may in its absolute and sole discretion suspend, cancel, terminate or modify the Competition without any liability to any entrant or any other person. Entrants must take their own precautions (including but not limited to installing adequate protective measures to guard against software viruses and ensuring that up-to-date copies are made of all data) to protect entrants against loss or damage.
- Entrants agree that by taking part in the Competition, personal details may be stored and otherwise processed by the Promoter for the purposes of administering the Competition. By taking part in this Competition, all entrants consent to the Promoter collecting, storing and using their personal data submitted with their entry for the purposes of this Competition.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete, misdirected, lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted due to any computer malfunction, virus, bug, delay or other reason whatsoever.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law and excluding death or personal injury caused as a result of negligence the Promoter accepts no liability for loss or injury as a result of the Competition or receipt or misuse of any products that any entrant receives as a result of the Competition.
- The Competition is governed by the laws of England and Wales. The Promoter and all entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.