Blueberry And White Chocolate Mousse
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
A delicious combination of sweet white chocolate and sharp blueberries, which come together in this creamy dessert. Easy to make and uses few ingredients. The perfect ending to a dinner party.
- 150g white chocolate
- 4 egg whites
- 70g Co-operative Fairtrade caster sugar
- 160ml double cream, lightly whipped
- punnet of blueberries
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water to melt. When smooth remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Add half of the sugar, and whisk until dissolved.
- Add the remaining sugar and whisk again, until left with a smooth glossy mixture.
- Pour in the whipped cream, and stir through until well combined.
- Add the white chocolate to the egg whites, and use a metal spoon to fold until combined.
- Tip three quarters of the blueberries into the mixture, and combine. Spoon the mousse into 4 glasses, and top each with the remaining blueberries.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set, and serve immediately.