- 140g unsalted butter (plus extra for greasing)
- 200g Co-operative Fairtrade caster sugar
- 00g gluten free flour 250g grated carrots
- 150g Co-operative seedless raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Dr. Oetker gluten free baking powder
- 50g pecan nuts, chopped
- Betty Crocker cream cheese style icing
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Pre heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease a loaf tin with butter, and line with baking paper.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the carrot and raisins and mix through.
- Pour in the beaten eggs a little at a time, whisking constantly until well combined.
- Sift in the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and three quarters of the chopped pecans, and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, and bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden and spongy. If a skewer is poked into the middle it should come out clean.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack. When completely cool, spread over the icing and sprinkle with the remaining nuts.