- 125g gluten-free plain flour
- 1 egg 225ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract butter, for frying
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 3 tbsp golden caster sugar
- In a bowl, tip in the flour and create a well in the centre. Crack the egg in the middle with a quarter of the milk. Whisk everything together until smooth. Then add in the rest of the milk and vanilla extract.
- Place this batter mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When ready heat a small frying pan, and add a knob of butter.
- When hot, ladle some of the batter into the pan, and swirl around so it creates a thin layer over the base of the pan.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes, or until golden on the bottom. Flip the pancake, and cook for another few minutes on the other side.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- In a separate pan, heat the sugar with a dash of water. Wait until a paste is formed and then add the bananas.
- Cook until a caramel is formed, the sugar is melted and the bananas are sticky and coated.
- Pile the bananas onto the pancakes, and serve with vanilla ice cream.