- 300g The Co-operative Irresistible extra fine green beans
- 75g The Co-operative Irresistible dry cured un-smoken back bacon
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1tsp thyme, chopped
- 2tsp The Co-operative Irresistible basil infused olive oil
- 2tsp toasted pine nuts
- Place a small pan of water on the stove and once bubbling pop the beans in for 2-3 minutes, drain into a colander and refresh under cold water. Now place a large frying pan onto a medium heat and add the basil infused oil. Then add the bacon and shallots and cook for 5 minutes until soft and the bacon has crisped up a little.
- As this is going on add the sliced garlic and fry for a minute or so until you have a wonderful aroma of bacon, garlic and shallot. By which time add the beans and cook for 2-3 minutes along with the fresh thyme. Once you feel the beans are hot enough, season to taste and serve garnished with toasted pine nuts.