Smoked Paprika Hassleback Sweet Potatoes
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
An edible and tropical tuber, with a bright orange and mildly sweet flesh. Can be used in either sweet or savoury dishes, and is a perfect alternative to normal potatoes.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- zest/juice of 1 lime
- handful coriander
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- Heat the oven to 200C/180F/Gas 6.
- To create a hassleback effect, put slices into the potatoes so they go through the flesh without cutting the whole way through the potato. The slices should be around 1cm apart. Drizzle with oil, and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Combine olive oil with the paprika and lime, and when the potatoes are ready, brush the mixture over the surface, making sure the flavours also fill the slits.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- To serve sprinkle with coriander, and dollop with natural yoghurt.