- 2cm piece fresh root ginger
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar or honey
- 1 tbsp white or red wine vinegar
- 4 fillets firm white fish eg cod or haddock, or salmon if you prefer
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Grate the ginger (no need to peel it first), put it into a bowl with the garlic, ketchup, soy sauce, sugar or honey and vinegar, stir together.
- Add the fish and stir gently to coat in the marinade, cover and put in the fridge. Leave for at least 15 minutes or up to a few hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the fish (depending on the pan size you may need to cook the fish in batches) for 10-15 minutes – turn the fish a few times so that it cooks evenly all the way through. Stir gently without breaking up the fish.
- Serve with couscous, steamed sugar snap peas and baby sweetcorn.