- 2 x Co-op white onions
- 2 x Co-op garlic cloves
- 2 x Co-op carrots
- 15ml olive oil
- 2 x Co-op lamb shanks
- 1 tbsp Co-op tomato purée
- 1 tbsp Co-op plain flour
- 1 x beef stock cube
- 2 x sprigs fresh rosemary
- 200ml Fairtrade Malbec
- 1 x bay leaf
1. Peel and chop the onions, garlic and carrots and add to a large casserole dish with the olive oil, along with the lamb shanks
2. Fry on a medium heat for 10 minutes, turning the lamb shanks continuously until they have started to brown.
3. Remove the lamb shanks from the dish and set aside.
4. Add the tomato purée, stock cube, flour and rosemary to the casserole dish.
5. Heat the casserole dish and stir continuously on a low heat until combined.
6. Remove the dish from the heat and pour in the red wine, stirring well.
7. Return the lamb shanks to the dish and top up with hot water.
8. Add the bay leaf to the dish and simmer for 5 minutes
9. Cover the dish and roast in a pre-heated oven at 180° for 2 hours, turning the lamb shanks halfway through.
10. Serve and enjoy!