- 1 x Co-op head broccoli
- 1 x Co-op yellow pepper
- 1 x Co-op aubergine
- 1 x Co-op courgette
- 65g Co-op cheddar cheese
- 1 x Co-op white onion
- 2 x Co-op garlic cloves
- 1 x tin Co-op peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 25g Co-op unsalted butter
- 25g Co-op plain flour
- 300ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 6 x Co-op pasta sheets
1. Wash and chop the pepper, courgette, aubergine and broccoli and add to a roasting dish, glazing with a little olive oil.
2. Place the roasting dish in a pre-heated oven at 200°c for 30 mins.
3. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
4. Heat up a little olive oil and heat in a saucepan, adding the onion and garlic.
5. Once the onion and garlic have started to brown, add the plum tomatoes, oregano and tomato purée to the pan, stirring well.
6. Leave the saucepan to simmer over a low heat for 10 mins.
7. Add the butter to a saucepan on a low heat.
8. Once the butter has begun to melt, stir in the flour to form a roux.
9. Add the milk to the pan and stir well over a low heat for around 10 mins.
10. Once both saucepans have simmered for 10 mins, remove from the hob and add to the tomato sauce, stirring well.
11. Remove the vegetables from the roasting tray and set aside (but leave the oven on!)
12. Lay around a third of the pasta sheets across the bottom of the roasting dish.
13. Spoon half of the vegetable mix onto the top of the pasta.
14. Lay a few more of the pasta sheets on top of the vegetables.
15. Spread around half of the white sauce across the pasta sheets.
16. Pour the rest of the vegetable mix onto the top layer.
17. Lay the rest of the pasta sheets across the vegetable mix.
18. Pour over the rest of the white sauce and sprinkle the cheese onto the top.
19. Place the roasting dish in the oven for 25 mins at 180°c.